Friday, April 6, 2007

Teaching with music videos

I saw this video and a wonderful teaching idea came to me so I thought I'd blog about it before I forget it.

Lesson plan

1 Explain to students that they are going to see a music video - Walk into the Sun by Dirty Vegas. In the video they'll see the people shown labelled e.g brave, angry etc, their job is to copy down all the labels

2 Play the video. Students then get in pairs and check their answers.




3 Write down the list of labels on the board any deal with any unknown words.

4 Now explain that the students are going to see the video again and they have to choose two/three labels and explain in 50 words why the person was given them.

5 Play the video a second time and ask them to write down their answers. Give no more than 15 minutes.

6 Students the get into groups and read out their suggestions

7 For homework the students write a story based on the person they talked about.

No comments:

Post a Comment