Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Sometimes the big picture appears in the smallest of things, in the seeming trivia of everyday life. Today I decided that I didn't want to be part of a forum (see here) that seems to embrace and celebrate the worst in people.

It all started with a few off-colour jokes which I considered racist and posted a reply. If it had remained at that I probably wouldn't have given it much thought. Like you, my life is full of so many other things to worry about that this could hardly be considered pressing. Then the comments supporting the jokes kept on coming and I started to think more seriously about the "stand" I had taken. There are times when the most trivial of things can make you look at yourself and ask the question;

"What kind of person are you ? What do you consider important ?"

In the whole scheme of things I know this is a tiny and probably unimportant step, but I thought it was one I had to take.

I would like to thank DeviousDiva for her words of support in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment