Saturday, December 9, 2006

Organising a student exchange using the internet


This is something I've been wanting to do for a long time. It just seems that there is never enough time. However, over the next week I'm going to make a concerted effort to chase up possible student exchange possibilities. I've already signed up one of my older classes with the Dekita.org site with the aim of getting the students to communicate via their blog with other EFL/ESL learner across the globe. Also I want to get my younger students to do some kind of exchange with some Canadian students, courtesy of Excellence and Imagination.

If you want to see some excellent web 2.0 teaching ideas put into practice check out Cool Cat Teacher's latest joint project.

"The Flat Classroom project is a genuine assessment project between Julie Lindsay's grade 11 ITGS class at International School Dhaka(ISD) in Bangladesh and Vicki Davis' 10th grade Computer Science class at Westwood Schools in Camilla, Georgia."

No comments:

Post a Comment