Thursday, April 3, 2008

Nato denies Georgia and Ukraine


Nato denies Georgia and Ukraine

Graphic






Nato has confirmed it will not offer membership to Georgia or Ukraine but agreed to review the decision on the
ex-Soviet republics in December.


The alliance also said it would not invite Macedonia to join amid protests from Greece over Macedonia's name.


But Nato confirmed that Balkan neighbours Albania and Croatia would be asked to join the club.


France's Nicolas Sarkozy announced at the summit in Romania hundreds of extra French troops for Afghanistan.




Tags: | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |



Great but I managed to scoop them, at least in English as I wrote about this story three hours ago and put it on Now Public. However, I must admit that I got my info from the Greek media who have been talking about this all morning

No comments:

Post a Comment