Sunday, August 13, 2006

Going global with Starbucks


Starbucks has opened a second cafe here in Thessaloniki, on the seafront, near the White Tower, so I thought I too would fork a small fortune to drink coffee. Also I thought I'd try out my ibook to see if there was a wi-fi hotspot. And as you can see, yes there is (though it's not theirs). Now all we need is 200 - odd days of rain and I can pretend I'm in Seattle. Alas, the weather has remained stubbornly warm and the sun is out, so there goes that fantasy.


Actually, this is one of the tech-geeky fantasies I have wanted to indulge for a long time, you know, the one in which you sit in a comfortable, air-conditioned cafe (as opposed to squatting in the park with the junkies), sipping your double latte, whatdidjamacallit while effortlessly surfing the net on your laptop.

Still haven't figured out the ordering part yet. I asked for what I thought was a large filter coffee and got a pint of cappuccino instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment