Tuesday, October 3, 2006

Coming down to earth with a bang


I had a great time over the weekend and I was really pleased with how my presentation went, I got a lot of positive feedback which makes all the effort I put into it worthwhile. However, this week is the first "real" one back at work. This means back to a routine of manically racing around Thessaloniki (which is a sprawling city of a million plus inhabitants) going from one private lesson to another then making sure I get to the language school on time to do yet more lessons.

I came within a hair's breath of quitting my job today, I was so angry I could have quite happily just walked out of the school and never gone back. I'm tired of being treated like some kind of insolent school child every time there is a disagreement. It is rude, unprofessional and demeaning.

I was told tonight that we have a meeting on Thursday morning at 10am, which is outside working hours for us and, of course is unpaid. When I said that I had organised an appointment at that time I was told in no uncertain terms that it was my fault for forgetting that we always have meetings on Thursdays. One this is not actually true and secondly, since we've just started back at work after a five month break a reminder would have been welcome. What really made me see red was the fact that I was addressed as if I were a naughty pupil, making up excuses about why he hadn't done his homework.

I tell you I'm out of there as soon as I get another half decent offer of work. I'm also taking down any links to the school from this blog. They don't deserve the publicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment