Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Skate or Die






Bored with what was TV I grabbed my camera and decided to go to the centre and see what I could find. After wandering through Ano Poli I ended up in Aristotelous Square where I sat watching the skate freaks practicing their moves on the concrete benches. Eventually, I got up the courage to ask if I could take pictures, an idea they liked as they got the chance to show off their latest moves to an enthusiastic audience of one.

I guess this is part of my photography Yin and Yang, I love taking pictures of people in the street yet I'm often too shy to ask, nor I'm I crazy about secretly taking photos all the time. I like the idea of getting close to the person, preferably with their consent.On the other hand taking pictures of buildings, objects in the road etc. is much easier and so there is that tension.

Eventually I got bored of things and yearn for the excitement of the crowds and motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment