Friday, May 26, 2006

I stepped out of the blogosphere and into real life today when I dropped off a DVD at a fellow blogger's home. For some unknown reason I had been under the impression reason that Theodora P was in Larissa. Imagine my surprise when she emailed me her address which was here in Thessaloniki. So, not wanting to waste time (or the price of a stamp) I decide to drop off the DVD in person.

To tell you the truth I was a bit apprehensive as I rang the bell of her apparment. It is one thing to chat with somebody via the comment section of their blog, quite another to turn up on their doorstep. Or even worse having to explain things such as blogs, podcasts and the like to, say a suspicious spouse or parent, without sounding like a complete lunatic.

So it was great relief when her husband said come on in and knew all about me and asked me to wait until Theodra came back from work. It was great to chat to another teacher and blogger, to put a face to the words (I know she's posted photos, but its different seeing someone in real life). Once again thanks to Theodora and family for their hospitality and I hope she finds the podcasts useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment